Thursday, April 23, 2009

Automatic Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaners

Now that I've had a swimming pool heat pump, Summit SUM5 model, installed and remarcited my pool I'm going to start looking into an automatic swimming pool cleaner. My wife and I love hanging out and in around our swimming pool. Cleaning it is another story. Fortunately with a screened enclosure it's not to difficult or time consuming but, I'm incredibly lazy plus I just like having stuff, especially for the swimming pool.

While automatic pool cleaners are available from several different manufacturers you have to take into account the size and type of pool you'll be cleaning. Some swimming pools have a built in vacuum connection which is a pretty simple hookup but, most of us still have to make the connection externally. My pool doesn't have a built in connection (I wish) so, I have to go through the skimmer.

In the coming weeks I'm going to be checking out Aquabot pool cleaners, the electronic Dolphin pool cleaner because it's basically a robot and should be fun to watch, of course a Hayward pool vacuum, and a Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner because I want to be thorough in my research.

At this writing I don't know a heck of a lot about automatic swimming pool vacuum cleaners but, with summer fast approaching pool use is gonna increase especially since we installed the heat pump and I plan on enjoying the pool instead of worrying about the maintenance.

No comments: